Canine Massage Level 1 Correspondence
NBCAAM National Test requires additional hours, students will need to attend at least 1 level on-site. Correspondence programs are not …
NBCAAM National Test requires additional hours, students will need to attend at least 1 level on-site.
Correspondence programs are not eligible for Washington State license.
Canine Massage Level 1
(Therapeutic Massage Therapist, CTMT)
(100 home study cognitive hours)
Get your certification started with Canine Massage Level 1 in the comfort of your own home! This level offers a great beginning to your canine massage career! This course teaches the following topics:
- Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Pre-Massage Considerations
- Strokes and techniques of maintenance and therapeutic massage
- Post massage considerations for companion animals and their guardians
- Specific conditions relating to companion animals
- Building and marketing your practice including confidentiality, ethics, developing/maintaining records, preparing case histories, developing case studies, marketing strategies, and insurance
- Pathologies – Gait observation and its relation to muscle imbalances and abnormalities, common canine diseases, discussing medications, nutrition, and treatments both holistic and modern.
- Animal Handling – Behavior, communication, intention, and pack psychology
- Introduction to acupressure, essential oils, nutrition, and other complimentary modalities
Once you are ready, there will be a business exam and final written exam to take, in addition to a video submission of your practicum. Any student is welcome to schedule a time on-site at our Franktown, CO campus in place of submitting a video. The final step is the post coursework in the form of case studies. These act as your “real-life” experience, and this is how you will get your final certification.
Multi-Level Discounts available: Go to Canine Massage Correspondence Courses to get those discounts!
No Reviews found for this course.