Equine Massage Level 1 Correspondence
Offered online via correspondence
NBCAAM National Test requires additional hours, students will need to attend at least 1 level on-site.
Correspondence programs are not eligible for Washington State license.
Equine Massage Level 1
(Equine Therapeutic Massage Therapist, ETMT)
(107 home study cognitive hours)
Get your certification started with Equine Massage Level 1 in the comfort of your own home! Equine Massage Level 1 will be your starting point for your Equine massage career. The class will focus on therapeutic massage, and will go over topics including:
- Introduction to anatomy and physiology
- Pre-massage considerations
- Strokes and techniques of maintenance and therapeutic massage
- Post massage considerations for horses and horse owners
- Specific massage conditions
- Building and marketing your practice this includes confidentiality, developing/maintaining records, preparing case histories, developing case studies, marketing strategies and insurance
- Pathologies – Gait observation and its relation to muscle imbalances and abnormalities, common equine diseases, discussing medications, nutrition, and treatments both holistic and modern
- Horse handling – behavior, communication, intention, and barn safety
- Introduction to acupressure and nutrition
Once you are ready, there will be a business exam and final written exam to take, in addition to a video submission of your practicum. Any student is welcome to schedule a time on-site at our Franktown, CO campus in place of submitting a video. The final step is the post coursework in the form of case studies. These act as your “real-life” experience, and this is how you will get your final certification.
Multi-Level Discounts available! Go to the Equine Massage Correspondence Courses page to get those discounts!
No Reviews found for this course.