Canine Massage Level 1 Correspondence
NBCAAM National Test requires additional hours, students will need to attend at least 1 level on-site.
Correspondence programs are not eligible for Washington State license.
Canine Massage Level 1
(Therapeutic Massage Therapist, CTMT)
Get your certification started with Canine Massage Level 1 in the comfort of your own home! This level offers a great beginning to your canine massage career! This course teaches the following topics:
- Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Pre-Massage Considerations
- Strokes and techniques of maintenance and therapeutic massage
- Post massage considerations for companion animals and their guardians
- Specific conditions relating to companion animals
- Building and marketing your practice including confidentiality, ethics, developing/maintaining records, preparing case histories, developing case studies, marketing strategies, and insurance
- Pathologies – Gait observation and its relation to muscle imbalances and abnormalities, common canine diseases, discussing medications, nutrition, and treatments both holistic and modern.
- Animal Handling – Behavior, communication, intention, and pack psychology
- Introduction to acupressure, essential oils, nutrition, and other complimentary modalities
- 100 home study cognitive hours
Once you are ready, there will be a business exam and final written exam to take, in addition to a video submission of your practicum. Any student is welcome to schedule a time on-site at our Littleton, CO campus in place of submitting a video. The final step is the post coursework in the form of case studies. These act as your “real-life” experience, and this is how you will get your final certification.
Individual level prices are listed under the course name. We offer multiple level discounts: Sign up & pay for multiple levels & receive 10% discount. Discounts are deducted at time of payment.
To sign up for this class please sign and return the Enrollment Agreement and make your full payment. Once we receive these, we will contact you with Log-in Information.