Canine Massage Level 3 Correspondence
NBCAAM National Test requires additional hours, students will need to attend at least 1 level on-site.
Correspondence programs are not eligible for Washington State license.
Canine Massage Level 3
(Senior Canine Massage Therapist, SCMT)
Canine Massage level 3 is the final step in our Canine Massage program, but is only the beginning of the journey! The level 3 course focuses on senior massage, including:
- Specific massage techniques that have a geriatric and quality of life focus including circulatory and palliative massage
- Specific massage techniques that assist the immune system, help reduce pain, inflammation, and maintain a range of motion.
- Grief counseling and end of life issues
- Common conditions and injuries of geriatric dogs, their pathology and the accepted protocols currently used in veterinary medicine for treatment.
- Manual lymphatic drainage
- Energy work
- Massage for inflammatory conditions
- Ceremonies – Including introduction to specific essentials oils, herbs, and the use of color
- Basic introduction to sound and color therapy
- Continued development of assessment skills
- Anatomy focus on the lymphatic system, joints, and nerve supply
- 100 home study cognitive hours
Once you are ready, there will be a final written exam to take, in addition to a video submission of your practicum. Any student is welcome to schedule a time on-site at our Littleton, CO campus in place of submitting a video. The final step is the post coursework in the form of case studies. These act as your “real-life” experience, and this is how you will get your final certification.
Individual level prices are listed under the course name. We offer multiple level discounts: Sign up & pay for multiple levels & receive 10% discount. Discounts are deducted at time of payment.
To sign up for this class please sign and return the Enrollment Agreement and make your full payment. Once we receive these, we will contact you with Log-in Information.