Equine Massage Level 2 – Sports Massage
On Campus – Littleton, CO
(Equine Sports Massage Therapist, ESMT)
Time/Date: 5 days on-site per level (See calendar 2019 dates)
Advance your Equine Massage career of in the exciting world of Equine Sports Massage!
Take advantage of our Multi-Level Discounts!Â Sign up and pay for 2 or more levels and receive a 10% Discount on your class tuition.Â Â Discount applied at final processing.
Equine Massage Level 2 – Equine Sports Massage and The Equine Athlete
(35 live seminar hours and 123 home study hours)
Level 2 will prepare you to massage horses that participate in any type of riding/working life.Â We learn to work with horses that areÂ weekend warriors, competition horses, trail horses, retired racehorses and everyone in between.
In this level we focus on the following:
- In-depth equine anatomy and organ systems, introduction to kinesiology
- Pre-massage considerations with athletes
- Strokes and techniques of sports massage
- Introduction to topics like saddle fit, dentistry, and more
- Post massage considerations specific to athletes
- Specific conditions relating to athletes
- Building your practice in the sports industry
- Pathologies relating to athletes
- Level 1 Therapeutic Massage is required before taking this course
On the final day of class, you will perform a live practicum and take a written final exam.Â Following your five day class and pre-course work,Â you will have post coursework in the form of case studies. These act as your “real-life” experience. Â Once your case studies have been approved, you will receive your final certification.
Please Note: Course Dates are listed on our Calendar.Â We need your Signed Enrollment Agreement and full payment, 3 weeks prior to the first day of class.
If you have any questions, please call the RMSAAM office at 303-660-9390
We look forward to seeing you!