NBCAAM National Test requires additional hours, students will need to attend at least 1 class on-site.
Correspondence programs are not eligible for Washington State license.
Canine Advanced Massage
(Senior Canine Massage Therapist, SCMT)
This course focuses on senior massage, including:
- Specific massage techniques that have a geriatric and quality of life focus including circulatory and palliative massage
- Specific massage techniques assist the immune system, help reduce pain, inflammation, and maintain a range of motion.
- Grief counseling and end of life issues
- Common conditions and injuries of geriatric dogs, their pathology, and the accepted protocols currently used in veterinary medicine for treatment.
- Manual lymphatic drainage
- Energy work
- Massage for inflammatory conditions
- Ceremonies – Including an introduction to specific essentials oils, herbs, and the use of color
- A basic introduction to sound and color therapy
- Continued development of assessment skills
- Anatomy focus on the lymphatic system, joints, and nerve supply
- 100 home study cognitive hours
Introduction to therapeutic massage must be taken first, other massage classes may be taken in any order.
Once you are ready, there will be a final written exam to take, in addition to a video submission of your practicum. Any student is welcome to schedule a time on-site at one of our campuses in place of submitting a video. The final step is the post coursework in the form of case studies. These act as your “real-life” experience and this is how you will get your final certification.
Please Note: Contact us via email to obtain the correct Enrollment. If you have any questions, please call the RMSAAM office at 303-660-9390.