Advanced Canine Massage adds a new perspective to your practice… working with holistic techniques, seniors, and rehab cases.
Advanced Canine Massage Therapist, SCMT
Canine advanced massage is a beautiful blend of techniques for seniors and dogs who are recovering from an injury or surgery.
This 4-day course teaches the following: 28 live seminar hours and 72 home study hours
- Massage techniques to support senior and geriatric dogs
- Lymphatic massage protocol
- Techniques to improve quality of life, help manage pain and inflammation, improve proprioception and range of motion
- Rehab massage tools for injury and post-op recovery
- Gentle stretching for senior and post-op dogs
- End of life care and support
- Common conditions and injuries of senior dogs
- Discussion of accepted protocols currently being used in veterinary medicine
- Manual lymphatic drainage massage techniques
- Introduction to holistic modalities – chakras, applied kinesiology, essentials oils, herbs, sound therapy, energy work, Craniosacral therapy, and color therapy
- Continued development of assessment and palpation skills
- Gait analysis
- Anatomy focused on the lymphatic system, tendons, ligaments, joints, and the nervous system
Canine Therapeutic Massage is a prerequisite for this course, other massage classes may be taken in any order.
The course will prepare you to take your written exam and perform a practicum massage on the final day of class. Following your class, you will start your six weeks of case studies. These “real-life” experiences help prepare you to work with clients and gain confidence to start your practice. Once your case studies have been approved, you will receive your final certification.
Take advantage of our Multi-Class Discounts! Enroll and pay for 2 or more classes and receive a 10% discount on your class tuition. The discount is applied at the final processing.
Please Note: Course Dates are listed on our Calendar. We need your signed Enrollment Agreement and full payment no later than 3 weeks prior to the first day of class. Contact us via email to obtain the correct Enrollment. If you have any questions, please call the RMSAAM office at 303-660-9390
We look forward to hearing from you!