Canine Massage Level 3 – Advanced Massage
On Campus – Littleton, CO
(Senior Canine Massage Therapist, SCMT)
Time/Date: 4 days on-site per level (See calendar 2019 dates)
Advance your Canine Massage career of in the rewarding world of working with Senior and Rehabilitative Dogs
Take advantage of our Multi-Level Discounts!Â Sign up and pay for 2 or more levels and receive a 10% Discount on your class tuition.Â Â Discount applied at final processing.
Canine Massage Level 3 Massage and the Senior or Rehabilitative Dog
(28 live seminar hours and 72 home study hours)
Canine Massage Level 3 is the final step in our Canine Massage program, but is only the beginning of the journey! The Level 3 course focuses on senior massage, including:
- Specific massage techniques that facilitate healing/geriatric and quality of life focus
- Specific massage techniques that assist the immune system, help reduce pain, inflammation, and maintain a range of motion.
- Grief counseling and end of life issues
- Common conditions and injuries of geriatric dogs, their pathology and the accepted protocols currently used in veterinary medicine for treatment.
- Manual lymphatic drainage
- Energy work
- Massage for inflammatory conditions
- Circulatory and palliative massage
- Ceremonies – Introduction to specific essentials oils, herbs, and the use of color
- Basic introduction to sound and color therapy
- Continued development of assessment skills
- Anatomy focus on the lymph system, joints, and nerve supply
- Level 1 – Therapeutic Canine Massage is a per-requisite for taking this course
On the final day of class you will be prepared to perform a live practicum and take a written final exam. Following your four day class you will have post coursework in the form of case studies. These act as your “real-life” experience. Once your case studies have been approved, you will receive your final certification.
Please Note: Course Dates are listed on our Calendar.Â We need your Signed Enrollment Agreement and full payment, 3 weeks prior to the first day of class.Â If you have any questions, please call the RMSAAM office at 303-660-9390
We look forward to hearing from you!