Canine Sports Massage is the next step in your certification. This level will focus on advanced massage techniques and topics including massage for the canine athlete. This course is not just for the hard-core dog agility world, this curriculum contains vital information for all active and sporting dogs.
Sports Canine Massage Therapist, ACMT
This 4-day course teaches the following: (28 live seminar hours and 122 home study hours)
- In-depth canine anatomy – more muscles and organ systems
- Introduction to kinesiology
- Pre-massage considerations with athletes
- Massage strokes and techniques for sports massage
- Introduction to the basics of stretching
- Post-massage considerations specific to athletes
- Body assessment, gait analysis, conformation vs. compensation,
- Building your practice in the sports industry
- Pathologies relating to athletes
- Common injuries and current rehab protocols
Introduction to Canine Therapeutic Massage is a pre-requisite for taking this course, other massage classes may be taken in any order.
This course will prepare you to take your written exam and perform a practicum massage on the final day of class. Following your class, you will start your six weeks of case studies. These “real-life” experiences help prepare you to work with clients and gain confidence to start your practice. Once your case studies have been approved, you will receive your final certification.
Take advantage of our Multi-Class Discounts! Enroll and pay for 2 or more classes and receive a 10% Discount on your class tuition. The discount is applied at the final processing.
Please Note: Course Dates are listed on our Calendar. We need your signed Enrollment Agreement and full payment no later than 3 weeks prior to the first day of class. Contact us via email to obtain the correct Enrollment. If you have any questions, please call the RMSAAM office at 303-660-9390.
We look forward to hearing from you!