Sports Canine Massage Therapist, SCMT
Canine Sports Massage is the next step in your canine massage certification. This level will focus on advanced massage techniques and topics including sports massage. This level is not just for the hard-core dog agility world, this curriculum contains vital information for all canine massage practitioners!
This course teaches the following: (100 home study cognitive hours)
- In-depth canine anatomy – more muscles and organ systems
- Introduction to kinesiology
- Pre-massage considerations with athletes
- Massage strokes and techniques for sports massage
- Introduction to the basics of stretching
- Post-massage considerations specific to athletes
- Body assessment, gait analysis, conformation vs. compensation,
- Building your practice in the sports industry
- Pathologies relating to athletes
- Common injuries and current rehab protocols
- 100 home study cognitive hours
The course is designed for you to work at your own pace. You will have 18 months to complete your coursework. When you are ready, you will need to take the following and submit them: business exam and final written exam. You will also submit a video of your practicum massage. You are welcome to schedule an on-site practicum at one of our campuses instead of submitting a video. After you pass your tests, you will start your six weeks of case studies. These “real-life” experiences help prepare you to work with clients and gain confidence to start your practice. Once your case studies have been approved, you will receive your final certification.
NBCAAM is the national board certification testing organization and they require additional hours for correspondence students to sit for the test. Students will need to attend at least two classes on-campus.
Take advantage of our Multi-Class Discounts! Enroll and pay for two or more classes and receive a 10% discount on your class tuition. The discount is applied at the final processing.
Please Note: Contact us via email to obtain the correct Enrollment. If you have any questions, please call the RMSAAM office at 303-660-9390.
We look forward to hearing from you!