Advanced Equine Massage Therapist, SEMT
Equine advanced massage is a beautiful blend of techniques for seniors and horses who are recovering from an injury or surgery. The techniques you learn in this course build your practice toolbox to help horses of all ages.
This course teaches the following: (107 home study cognitive hours)
- Massage techniques to support senior, geriatric, and horses in rehab
- Techniques to improve quality of life, help manage pain and inflammation, improve proprioception and improve range of motion
- Rehab massage tools for injury and post-op recovery
- Gentle stretching for senior and post-op horses
- End of life care and support
- Common conditions and injuries of senior horses
- Discussion of rehab situations
- Discussion of accepted protocols currently being used in veterinary medicine
- Manual lymphatic drainage massage techniques
- Introduction to holistic modalities – chakras, applied kinesiology, essentials oils, herbs, sound therapy, energy work, craniosacral therapy, and color therapy
- Continued development of assessment and palpation skills
- Gait analysis
- Anatomy focused on the lymphatic system, tendons, ligaments, joints, and the nervous system
The course is designed for you to work at your own pace. You will have 18 months to complete your coursework. When you are ready, you will need to take the following and submit them: business exam and final written exam. You will also submit a video of your practicum massage. You are welcome to schedule an on-site practicum at one of our campuses instead of submitting a video. After you pass your tests, you will start your six weeks of case studies. These “real-life” experiences help prepare you to work with clients and gain confidence to start your practice. Once your case studies have been approved, you will receive your final certification.
Introduction to therapeutic massage must be taken first, other massage classes may be taken in any order.
NBCAAM is the national board certification testing organization and they require additional hours for correspondence students to sit for the test. Students will need to attend at least two classes on-campus.
Take advantage of our Multi-Class Discounts! Enroll and pay for two or more classes and receive a 10% discount on your class tuition. The discount is applied at final processing.
Please Note: Contact us via email to obtain the correct Enrollment. If you have any questions, please call the RMSAAM office at 303-660-9390.