Get started in the rewarding career of Equine Massage!
Therapeutic Massage Therapist, ETMT
This 5-day course teaches the following: (35 live seminar hours and 123 home study cognitive hours)
- Introduction to anatomy and physiology
- Pre-massage considerations
- Massage strokes and techniques for therapeutic massage
- Post-massage considerations for horses and their guardians
- Building and marketing your practice includes; confidentiality, developing/maintaining records, preparing case histories, developing case studies, marketing strategies, and insurance
- Pathologies – common equine diseases, and current information on medications and treatments – holistic and allopathic
- Gait observation as it relates to muscle imbalances, compensation patterns, conformation issues, injuries, and surgeries
- Horse handling – behavior, communication, intention, herd dynamics, and barn safety
- Introduction to nutrition
The course will prepare you to take your written exam and perform a practicum massage on the final day of class. Following your class, you will start your six weeks of case studies. These “real-life” experiences help prepare you to work with clients and gain confidence to start your practice. Once your case studies have been approved, you will receive your final certification.
Introduction to therapeutic massage must be taken first, other massage classes may be taken in any order.
Take advantage of our Multi-Class Discounts! Enroll and pay for two or more classes and receive a 10% discount on your class tuition. The discount is applied at the final processing.
Please Note: Course Dates are listed on our Calendar. We need your signed Enrollment Agreement and full payment no later than 3 weeks prior to the first day of class. Contact us via email to obtain the correct Enrollment. If you have any questions, please call the RMSAAM office at 303-660-9390.
We look forward to seeing you!