Equine Therapeutic Massage Therapist, ETMT
Study Equine Massage in the comfort of your own home!
This course teaches the following: (107 home study cognitive hours)
- Introduction to anatomy and physiology
- Pre-massage considerations
- Massage strokes and techniques for therapeutic massage
- Post-massage considerations for horses and their guardians
- Building and marketing your practice includes; confidentiality, developing/maintaining records, preparing case histories, developing case studies, marketing strategies, and insurance
- Pathologies – common equine diseases, and current information on medications and treatments – holistic and allopathic
- Gait observation as it relates to muscle imbalances, compensation patterns, conformation issues, injuries, and surgeries
- Horse handling – behavior, communication, intention, herd dynamics, and barn safety
- Introduction to nutrition
The course is designed for you to work at your own pace. You will have 18 months to complete your coursework. When you are ready, you will need to take the following and submit them: business exam and final written exam. You will also submit a video of your practicum massage. You are welcome to schedule an on-site practicum at one of our campuses instead of submitting a video. After you pass your tests, you will start your six weeks of case studies. These “real-life” experiences help prepare you to work with clients and gain confidence to start your practice. Once your case studies have been approved, you will receive your final certification.
Introduction to therapeutic massage must be taken first, other massage classes may be taken in any order.
NBCAAM is the national board certification testing organization and they require additional hours for correspondence students to sit for the test. Students will need to attend at least two classes on-campus.
Take advantage of our Multi-Class Discounts! Enroll and pay for two or more classes and receive a 10% discount on your class tuition. The discount is applied at the final processing.
Please Note: Contact us via email to obtain the correct Enrollment. If you have any questions, please call the RMSAAM office at 303-660-9390.