Advance your Equine Massage career in the exciting world of Equine Sports Massage!
Equine Sports Massage Therapist, ESMT
Equine Sports Massage will prepare you to work with horses who participate in any type of riding and working life. We learn to work with horses who are in all disciplines… weekend warriors; competition horses – dressage, eventing, endurance, jumping; trail horses; retired racehorses; and everyone in between.
This 5-day course teaches the following: (35 live seminar hours and 72 home study cognitive hours)
- In-depth equine anatomy – more muscles and organ systems
- Introduction to kinesiology
- Pre-massage considerations for athletes
- Massage strokes and techniques of sports massage
- Discussion on the importance of saddle fit, dentistry, hoof care
- Introduction to the basics of stretching
- Post-massage considerations specific to athletes
- Body assessment, gait analysis, conformation vs. compensation
- Specific conditions relating to athletes
- Building your practice in the sports industry
- Pathologies relating to athletes
- Common injuries and current rehab protocols
The course will prepare you to take your written exam and perform a practicum massage on the final day of class. Following your class, you will start your six weeks of case studies. These “real-life” experiences help prepare you to work with clients and gain confidence to start your practice. Once your case studies have been approved, you will receive your final certification.
Introduction to therapeutic massage must be taken first, other massage classes may be taken in any order.
Take advantage of our Multi-Class Discounts! Enroll and pay for two or more classes and receive a 10% discount on your class tuition. The discount is applied at the final processing.
Please Note: Course Dates are listed on our Calendar. We need your signed Enrollment Agreement and full payment no later than 3 weeks prior to the first day of class. Contact us via email to obtain the correct Enrollment. If you have any questions, please call the RMSAAM office at 303-660-9390.
We look forward to seeing you!